G.H.MUMM's very first rosé champagne was made in the 1860s and was called "Royal Rosé". A century later G.H.MUMM Rosé adopted a now-famous design: a rose, painted in watercolour by the great Japanese artist and friend of the House, Léonard Foujita.
G.H. MummLe rosé
"An elegant and delicate cuvée that reflects G.H.MUMM’s terroirand inimitable style."
The Essence of Elegance
Just like its emblem, this is a supremely elegant champagne" - Didier Mariotti, Cellar Master
The History Behind the Foujita's Rose
When opening a bottle of G.H.MUMM Brut Rosé, the wine lover will be surprised to discover a beautifully drawn rose. This is the work of Léonard Foujita, a Franco-Japanese artist and close friend of the legendary President of the House, René Lalou. The two men shared the same taste for fine things and the same spiritual values.
When René Lalou was seeking a symbol to represent the G.H.MUMM Brut Rosé cuvée, he naturally turned to the man whose style he so admired. The rose designed by Foujita in 1958, which originally embellished the neck of the bottle, delighted guests when it was first presented at the 1958 Cannes Festival. Like an ornamental seal guaranteeing the authenticity of the cuvée, it is still present on the cap of the bottle.
This champagne has a relatively pale salmon pink colour with light orange highlights and abundant bubbles that explode to create a fine and lively head.
Amid aromas of fruits of the forest and pink grapefruit, individual hints of strawberry, cherry and redcurrant dominate and expand into delicate scents of caramelised vanilla, revealing the subtle presence of G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge.
A lively, dynamic attack reminiscent of fruits of the forest, and a freshness that is elegant, fine and subtle.
Although traditionally served with red fruit desserts or pink biscuits of Reims, this delicious champagne is particularly enjoyable served chilled as an aperitif. It is a brut wine that can be enjoyed throughout the meal.
G.H.MUMM's champagne rituals introduce 21st century devotees to new ways of enjoying champagne. This cuvée is a perfect accompaniment to smoked salmon, tarama salata and high quality ham. G.H.MUMM Rosé is served between 6°C-8°C.
Respecting the legacy of the champagne method for a Brut Rosé, G.H.MUMM Rosé displays the following characteristics:
• Like G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge, the G.H.MUMM Rosé cuvée is blended from 77 crus
• Including some red wine (between 12% and 14%), mainly Grands Crus or Premiers Crus, selected from villages known for their excellent Pinot Noir production, including Bouzy, Verzenay and Les Riceys
• Pinot Noir is the dominant grape variety (60%), endowing the champagne with its strength, personality and colour
• Pinot Meunier (18%) gives it a fruity vivacity and balance, and Chardonnay (22%) unveils its finesse and elegance
• The final sugar content, at 6g/l, delivers a brut champagne that is fresh, intense and well-balanced
Created to Celebrate
Master your celebration with G.H.MUMM Le Rosé